In the 6th grade melody composition project, you are going to create a short melody using Finale Allegro. Please follow the directions listed in order to receive full credit for this assignment (and finish it correctly!).
- Open the Allegro program under Applications on your Novell startup screen.
- Now you can begin composing using the notes that you have on the Simple Entry Palette.
- You can choose ANY beat pattern you want (as long as it adds up to four beats).
- You need to write 12 measures. Measures 1-4 need to be STEPS ONLY. Measures 5-8 need to be LEAPS ONLY. Measures 9-12 can be anything you want to write.
- To listen to your melody, click the play button on the Playback Controls panel. If you do not see this panel, find it under Window on the file menu and make sure it is checked.
- TO PRINT: Go to File, Print Score, then Setup. Next, choose the bottom printer (114) and click the Pages box and type 1 through 1. Then print and pick up your project in Mrs. Erickson's room.
Turn in the assignment to Mr. Cash when you are finished. This assignment will take the average student no more than 20 minutes. Points may be deducted for taking longer than the allotted time.