Dear families and community members of Roselle School District 12,
As staff returned to our schools in August, we had the opportunity to spend two days preparing for the upcoming school year. Part of this time was spent establishing our core beliefs and updating our vision and mission statement. I am grateful for the commitment and engagement of our staff as we worked to identify the outcomes we want for students as they move through our school system.
Our Board of Education formally adopted the proposed core beliefs, vision, and mission statements at the September 10, 2019 meeting. I am proud to share them with your here. They will serve as a foundation as we engage in the development of a new strategic plan this year.
In Roselle District 12, we believe:
- All students are OUR students
- Everyone in District 12 must learn and grow
- School must be a safe space for everyone where we prioritize relationships and connections
- All students deserve to be prepared for limitless opportunities
- Decisions are made based on the needs of students
The vision of Roselle District 12 is to prepare students to ethically engage in our global society.
The mission of Roselle District 12 is to ensure students excel in the skills critical for success:
- Adaptability to change
- Confident and compassionate collaboration
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Digital competency
I look forward to sharing with you how the development of these skills is embedded in our classrooms as our staff work to bring our new vision to life!
Dr. Mary Henderson, Superintendent
Contact by Email: email@example.com