Homeless Student Services
The McKinney Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act ensures the educational rights and protections of homeless children and youth so that they may enroll in school, attend regularly, and be successful. The legislation requires a local homelss education liaison in every school district to assist children and unaccompanied youth in their efforts to attend school. This act guarantees homeless children and youth the following:
- The right to immediate enrollment in school, even if lacking paperwork normally required for enrollment
- The right to attend school in his/her school of origin or in the school in the attendance area where the family or youth is currently residing
- The right to recieve transportation to his/her school of origin
- The right to educational services without any barriers
- The posting of homeless students' rights in all schools and other places around the community
For more information or questions, please contact Dr. Tiffanie Jeffrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 529-2091, ext. 1015.