Here are the requirements for the project. You and your group are responsible for who does what and how the project is organized. You MAY have up to five different timeliner files per group. You do NOT HAVE TO HAVE THIS MANY.
1. You need to cover from the beginning of jazz (1900) up to the 1950's (roughly five decades).
2. Your group folder is in the 8th grade folder on the server. You can put ALL files in this folder, including pictures!
3. There will need to be ONE slide per event, composer, genre, etc. DO NOT group all of the decade events on just ONE SLIDE!
4. Your project is intended to be CONCLUSIVE. This means, you must include these FOUR areas for full credit. MUSIC EVENTS, COMPOSERS/ PERFORMERS, GENRES, HISTORICAL EVENTS (non music related).
Here are the requirements for each section:
MUSIC EVENTS - This section should include significant musical events within the dates given. Be prepared to write at least TWO sentences for each entry. Each decade should have at least five events. SEARCH and read, they are out there! You may need to use a book! Pictures are a MUST!
COMPOSERS/ PERFORMERS - This section should include significant composers from each decade AND a three sentence (or more) biography in your own words! Strive to include two composers/performers from EACH decade. You must have a MINIMUM of ten composers.
GENRES - Follow the jazz genres chronologically through time. List each genre's date of inception (when or roughly when it came about) and a brief description of each. List as many as you can find. There are alot, but you should try to find AT LEAST eight.
HISTORICAL EVENTS - This section is easier than some of the others. You need to find FIVE historical non-music related events for each decade. Be prepared to write TWO sentences on each event.
4. Everyone MUST present. This means ALL members will speak during the presentation with EQUAL time (roughly) per member.