Follow these instruction in order to BEGIN and FINISH your composition project.
1. Open the Allegro program.
2. Goto File, New from Template, General Templates, then Grand Staff.
3. Start writing on the staff. Make sure that ALL of the palettes are on the screen (found under Window). You will need the Main Tool Palette, Simple Entry Palette, and Playback Controls. Make sure that each of these have a CHECK mark next to them.
4. Next, begin to put your composition on the staff. You MUST stack the notes successfully or they will not appear on the staff.
5. When you playback, you can expand the control panel by clicking the down arrow on the right. Next to play mode: click SCROLLING. The arrow above will follow the music as it plays.
6. When you are finished, Choose View, Page View, click the GREEN A on the main entry palette and DOUBLE CLICK the SMALL BOX above the Title and also above the Composer.
7. Next, go to File, Print Score, Setup, Choose the bottom printer (114) and click the Pages box and type 1 through 1. Then print and pick up your project in Mrs. Erickson's room to turn in.
8. When you are finished, TURN IN ONE COPY stapled on TOP of your original. You can keep one copy for yourself.